9 Tips and tricks to style the bookshelf in the home like a designer
India, 31 January 2018 -- Thinking of giving the home a decorative and organised look? Buy a bookshelf online from furniture websites like Wooden Street and arrange books and other decorative accents in it beautifully. Bookshelves are the furniture units which comes in various forms like free-standing, corner shelves, wall mounted and provide a space with a fantastic appeal.
Is your room is completely occupied with books? Want to stack them properly so that you can easily access them when needed? Then incorporate a book shelf in the home and let your space get an organised and wonderful look. Bookshelves not only provide ample space to keep books but can also be used as a display unit to keep decorative accents like artworks, photo frames and likes. They are the piece which provides fun and functional look to space.
What if decorating the bookshelf furniture is as important as decorating the living room, bedroom or dining area? Below are some decorating tips which will help you style your space amazingly.
1. Pair books with decorative items: If your corner bookshelf has enough space then throw some decorative items into the mix. You can go for statues, photo frames, flower vases, artwork and likes. For a unified look, you can go for the pieces having same shades as that of room walls or other accessories in the space.
2. Create symmetry: Balance in the room is necessary, and symmetry can truly anchor the space. So organise the book racks in a way that no side features an empty space and no side packed with books. Keep it simple by making sure that large items are balanced by other large items and no one area is strangely empty.
3. Add mirrors: Mirrors in the built-in bookcases not only give the wall a depth but also provide the room with a larger and brighter appeal.
4. Leave some empty space: If you can leave some space in the hanging bookshelf, designer bookshelf , kids bookshelf or small bookshelf unoccupied, then a clean-lined effect can be achieved. This decorating tip is best to style smaller spaces as it helps remove unwanted clutter. On the other hand, a bit of emptiness creates the illusion of roomy space.
5. Add interest with leaning books: Arranging the books vertically in the book shelf furniture is great but to vary the design you can try leaning books as well. This will allow you to display decorative items in the middle and will help you to give the room a classy and functional look.
6. Add graphic detail: If you want to give the room a “wow” factor then style the shelves of the bookcases with graphic design wallpapers.
7. Use limited colour palette: If the bookshelf that you have purchased online needs attention and simplicity, try a selective colour palette. You can opt for white metallic brown accents to give your modern home a classic appeal.
8. Hide clutter with boxes: If you want a bookshelf to store your paperwork or other small items that shouldn't see the light of the day, hide them in the boxes. It is best to go for the same colour boxes if you want a clean look.
9. Give depth with artwork: If you own an artwork that needs showcasing then place it on the bookshelf and create a sense of depth. For a clean foreground, middle and background, use pictures as a backdrop for collectables and books and arrange them in layers.
Knowing all these tips and tricks to style and organise a bookshelf, you must be eager to try them. So buy bookshelf online and give the room an excellent decoration.
At Wooden Street, you will get all the varieties of storage furniture at an affordable price. They guarantee the best quality of wooden bookshelves in all modern designs so that everyone can find their match. They also offer the customisation and interior design facility with free delivery and installation service to their customers as an advantage. You can have a look at their collection at https://www.woodenstreet.com/bookshelves
Hello journalist, welcome to Scoopasia--a powerful online resource for media information in Asia. Scoopasia has press releases and media events for every beat and industry. All content on Scoopasia is 100% FREE. You don't even need to login!
Scoop Line (Instant Information Request) The easiest way to ask questions and request information from the PR community.
Advanced Search Drill down, dig deep, for media information the way you want it.