What You Wish You Know Early When You Started Playing PoE?
, 31 March 2018
-- Path of Exile, also known as POE, is an online action role-playing game developed by Grinding Gear Games in 2013.
I started playing PoE the second week of Abyss League, so I'm still relatively new to the game. I decided to make a list of things I wish I knew when I first started my ED Trickster for new players.
1. Understand this game has a massive learning curve. This is by design. Depending on what type of player you are, this is a huge boon to the fun factor, or will kill the game for you.
2. Max level is 100. The majority of us will never see that level unless you play Standard.
3. Trading can be a huge part of the game for you or it can be non-existent. If you choose to delve into trading, know about u4gm
. And other similar tools.
4. Standard was supposed to be the real game. “Leagues” became the real game. For most, at least.
5. Know what num-locking is. When I played an ED Trickster, didn't need to know. When I played MS Inquisitor, I wanted to punch myself in the face until I saw this.
6. Trade and player interactions in PoE, like in most games, will at times remind you we descended from apes. Keeping an eye on poe currency purchase
7. There are numerous vendor “recipes”. This means if you sell a certain combination of items to a vendor, any vendor, you'll get a certain item back. About 95% of these recipes you'll rarely use, and about 5% you'll always use, i.e. the chaos recipe(s) for early leagues.
8. Any NPC you can sell items to is considered a vendor and you want masters in your hideout if only for the fact they act as personal vendors whose inventories refresh when you level or you do their daily quest. Also, when I finally brought Zana into my hideout, and her atlas, the game felt 10x quicker.
9. Not all Unique items are created equal. Even two seemingly identical unique items can substantially vary in price merely for having 2% more in a desired stat.
10. Enchants from Uber Labs completely change item worth and demand, sometimes exponentially, and PoE Lab.com is the baby jesus of helpful websites for knowing if it's a good uber lab day.
# # #
Submitted by fut16coin, COOLYOULCC on Saturday, 31 March 2018 at 3:16 PM
Category: Arts & Entertainment
Brought to you by Scoopasia [http://scoopasia.com]